Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Cards...

Hello Everyone :)

Hope you all had a great weekend. I had the time to make a few card and thought I'd share them with you. The first one was made using the Create a Critter cartridge. Here's what I came up with :

The paper used was from the DCWV Autumn stack. I cut the shape the squirrel is on with the create a critter as well. Simple card that I think turned out great. I love the colors...really feels like a fall card. Not sure if you can see it, but I used a fiskars texture plate to put some texture to the top of his little acorn. I added some white stitching around the outside of the card as the last touch. I haven't stamped anything on this card and will stamp something when it's ready to be sent out.

The next card was made for my Aunt who came over to the house for a surprise visit. She's so much fun and I wanted to send her a card to say Thank You. Here is her card:


I used the DCWV Miraposa paper stack to do this card. I love the shinny paper that surrounds the frame and that the Thank You is stamped on. I took a chipboard frame and covered it with the blue paper and cut out one of the butterflies that was in the pack and put it inside the frame. The larger butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch. I punched the butterflies and then flocked them with some blue and green flocking. I added a few cloud 9 dew drops to each side of the Thank You strip and finished it off with the stamp. I hope she likes it :)

Thanks for checking in today and I'll have more cards and projects up soon.

Happy Crafting,
-Nicole-

No comments:

Post a Comment